Editing software

One question, I know it’s been a while :person_facepalming:t3:. Honestly I forgot, but anyways, if you buy hit film pro, for the cost, would it be better buying Final Cut pro or Da Vinci Resolve? Maybe getting the free version of nuke?

Hey! It really depends on what you’re looking to do. If you’re looking for something that combines editing and VFX, then either HitFilm Pro or Resolve would make the most sense. Which one is best for you depends on whether you prefer layer-based or node-based compositing (I prefer node-based myself). Final Cut Pro won’t give you the same VFX options, and Nuke isn’t really set up for editing (you can technically edit in Nuke Studio, but it’s really designed more for working with timelines imported from other editing programs). It sounds like Fusion in Resolve has been giving you problems, so it might make sense to try pairing Nuke non-commercial with Resolve. I personally find the user interface in Nuke to be more intuitive.

2 Likes

Thank you! I sure will check it out, I watched some nuke tutorials and you dont really see editing ones. Ive been going into resolve and exploring. I really like the nuke set up, but I’m not creating a lot of short films with visual effects, and if I can’t find edit-or it’s just not really good, I don’t think it’s worth going through the student stuff for something I might use once.

2 Likes