Gallium microphone finnished

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

The mic is not so shiny here, gallium gets dull by aging but can easily be polished to very glossy. I also inserted a halogen lamp inside the marsipan center in the mold, thereby I have the lamp inside the mic. Its very easy to cut, weld gallium by a screwdriver heated on a flame so anything can by fixed and changed on the mic. Its not 100% success, a few pieces are missing but on the side I will film it, it is complete so no problem. I will offcourse catch any dripping gallium under the mic when it melts and collect this, its expensive! I can then easily cast a new mic, I have the mold intact.

The idea is to make the dripping detergent look like molten metal with Saber, also I will make some blue reflections in the metal surface and make a mask in aftereffects from this as well and apply the Saber effect. It will be one important moment when the mic starts to melt, the detergent must be dripping just right! Yes, i love this…
Maybe some smoke to?

1 Like

It looks incredible!! The detergent will be great touch.

Thanx!
I will hold the mic and hopefully the detergent will flow/drip on my hand to, as if molten metal flows on my hand/fingers, I will try this without melting the mic first, keeping things below 30°C.

Rolf Noren
Kemicon
+46(0)723286027

That looks awesome!

Thanx! I really get nice feedback!

Rolf Noren
Kemicon
+46(0)723286027

Hi,
I dont know why but I can not post links anymore, it seems as if the system, or somebody, thinks I am doing advertising?
I dont make any money, I am just an amateur having some fun.
Regards,

Rolf Noren
Kemicon
+46(0)723286027

1 Like

Hi, can you fix this?
I can not post links.
Regards,

Rolf Noren
Kemicon
+46(0)723286027