How did everyone find ActionVFX?

Hey guys! I’m just curious how everyone found ActionVFX!

I’ve been around since the RodyPolis days, even entered one of the competitions when I was about 15 (though I hope that video is lost to the internet!) @Rodolphe was more or less the only person making Hitfilm Tutorials when it was brand new and it was my first ever editing/vfx software and your website/youtube channel were invaluable sir and I thank you!

Fast forward many years and I’ve now been in the industry for 5+ years have over 20odd film/TV credits and have been able to use ActionVFX elements in projects ranging from indie films to Netflix originals!

So I wanted to say a big thank you to ActionVFX for being a constant source of knowledge and resources and wanted to kick this forum of by asking everyone how they found ActionVFX and what their story is!

5 Likes

Like you, following @Rodolphe’s early Hitfilm tutorials and paying attention to the RodyPolis site.

I think the badge by my avatar tells the rest of the story! :blush:

3 Likes

I think , from YouTube , but that is allready few years ago , so not sure :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: .

When you are starting to learn about vfx
Actionvfx Will pop up fast , not hard if you have the best assets out there .

3 Likes

I’ve been following since RodyPolis as well. I backed Action VFX on Kickstarter because I thought they were doing great things. They turned out even better than I had imagined!

3 Likes

Kickstarter Backer badge coming your way, Michael!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @verresen31! Glad you’re here!

4 Likes

Good ol Google searched for VFX for a short film I was making.

3 Likes

I think I found out through Corridor Crew on Youtube that’s also how I got big into VFX

3 Likes

Hi Will Jones I found Action VFX thru Magix Vegas Pro 18. So far I really really like the special effects from AVFX. The way it works is you have to download the special effect. Then extract it. Then you can drag and drop the extracted filed directly into Vegas. So Far I’ve noticed Major Record labels are using ActionVFX. I recommend this website to everyone who is serious about looking up to date 2021.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Todd! And thanks so much for the kind words!

2 Likes

Thanks Rodolphe. I appreciate you reaching out.

3 Likes

I too was an early viewer of the RodyPolis page for HitFilm tutorials. @Rodolphe is the reason I purchased HitFilm in the first place.

4 Likes

I’m pretty flattered to see the influence my RodyPolis days still have on this community. Glad to know that all the hours spent making HitFilm tutorials and growing RodyPolis positively impacted a lot of people!

6 Likes

Absolutely! I still have my physical copy of hitfilm somewhere and without it (and by extension your tutorials) it’s a wonder if I would be doing this for a living these days!

4 Likes

I first heard about ActionVFX when the GoFundMe, or whatever it was, first showed itself on Facebook… really ticked at myself for not having gotten onboard back then, because this turned out great.

4 Likes

Yeah, I was lucky enough to jump on that Kickstarter at the Lifetime Subscription level, which easily makes that one of my best investments in VFX, ever!

3 Likes

Right?

Excuse me while I go bang my head against the door

3 Likes

Well, my then-gf, now wife, Laura, lent me half of the Kickstarter pledge. For purposes of this forum I’ll say that’s why I married her! :joy:

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

For me I just got lucky and ran across them a couple years ago on youtube.
Definitely a great find!
:grin:

3 Likes