How did everyone find ActionVFX?

I’ve been in the vfx industry for about a decade and I’m sure I ran through your website from just a simple google search while learning and doing class assignments all those years ago. I’ve used your elements on feature film projects in various studios. I recently found your new forum through facebook advertisements. I usually, casually help other artists in facebook groups who ask questions about Nuke. I love talking VFX so I joined in hopes to be a part of a vfx forum community and maybe help a few others out who have technical questions. Love the fact you offer this forum now. Take care!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @GregoryHarrington! Pumped to have you!

Joining Welcome Home GIF

4 Likes

Hi All :slightly_smiling_face: ,

Found ActionVFX from a Google search (looking for dust VFX clips).
Came back thanks to the most recent emails for Beta testing :partying_face: .
(signed up for the Subscription :slightly_smiling_face: )

https://www.artstation.com/joshpurple

1 Like

I had found ActionVFX just as they were announcing their 50% price cut, so around 2 years ago. I was totally blown away. I had never seen such realistic VFX without a movie budget . I was determined to get a collection of theirs so I entered in a contest that they were running at the time. I am sure Rody and the team got a good laugh out of how bad my entry was!:joy:

1 Like

LOL. :joy:

1 Like

I honestly think it was advertised to me through Facebook a long time ago. I was searching for various VFX elements through Google and ActionVFX was thrown at me through my Facebook feed. Once I checked it out, it was given!

2 Likes

I was a Kickstarter backer more because I like seeing things blow up and had faith in their vision than as a result of any editing talents. If only I had more time for such fun.

4 Likes

I spent a lot of time researching VFX from about 2014 to 2019 and learning a lot of VFX for After Effects and some Blender too. I watched and replicated virtually every VideoCopilot tutorial, and went from there to all of the other popular YouTube tutorial authors I could find. I even assembled a playlist of After Effects tutorials I managed to learn something from, a list of over 300 videos. Adobe noticed my list when I shared it on Twitter at some point, and they found my Adobe account and mailed me a fluffy red pillow with the Adobe logo for sharing my love for Adobe products.

Since then I’ve expanded my learning to Fusion360 for CAD, C# for Unity game dev and app dev, and ASP etc.

I use After Effects for some client work, personal projects, and even for creating animations and assets for my game dev work and over the last year or so (maybe longer ) I kept stumbling onto ActionVFX and decided to sign up. And now I’m here. :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome @leshenderson! I remember your name for sure! I’ll have to grant you the “Kickstarter Backer” badge when I get a second.

Glad you found us @nubbyninja! Hope you enjoy this community!

I had lots of shots to comp and needed muzzle flash. (No pun intended). Then I found a lot more things I needed for my film.

1 Like

I found it through FXHome!

1 Like

Hi Will_Jones,
I found it via email invitation from Rodolphe Pierr-Louis :slight_smile :slight_smile:

Joergen Erik

i recieved an email invitation from ceo Rodolphe Pierre-Louis

@abrazoproductions @iamkhanfilms
They meant how did you discover ActionVFX in the first place.

Welcome to the community Joergen!

I only WISH I was a backer. CanNOT believe I let it slip by since I already had history with Pyromania, Pyromania Pro, and the like… I already KNEW this was going to fly.

I’m a follower from the original website days… But when the kickstarter was launched, I did the Lifetime tier…

I have used some of the elements for a few shots in a fan film, but I’d like to use more in the future.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! I think that you should have a kickstarter badge coming your way!:grinning:

1 Like

Thank you!! best £500 I have spent!

1 Like

That’s awesome!

1 Like