How do I remove the backgrounds from the effect assets!

Hello
Noob here, I’m having trouble removing the backgrounds from the VFX assets. I’m using video studio 2022 but the program doesn’t seem to have demult\umolt feature and blending doesn’t work very well. the effects end up very transparent. Any recommendations and advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Hey @instructorhatfield! Thanks for posting here on the forum. Which product/collection are you working with? I image it’s one of our products that has a black background. Is that correct?

That is correct. I think I figured it out. I swapped from video studio to Hitfilm and its working better. Thank you for responding!

Sounds great! Hitfilm is great software. Let us know if you have any more questions.

1 Like

Now, say you have a video with a colored background, and you want to remove that color and make it transparent. This commonly applies to “greenscreen” videos, but can be used with other colored backgrounds as well
Here’s how you can remove background color in After Effects, leaving you with a clean transparent background:
Step 1: Import your footage into the composition
Step 2: Select “Effects” then choose “Keying” and select “Keylight”
Step 3: In the effects window, select the eyedropper tool next to “Screen Color”
Step 4: Use the eyedropper to select the background color you want to remove

This may help you,
Rachel Gomez

2 Likes