Shang-Chi from ten rings

I saw the shang-chi in the legend of ten rings, and was amazed to see that. But then I became curious that which software was used?

My guess is maya, but does any if you know the correct software.

1 Like

I would guess for feature film like that they used industry standard software such as Nuke and Maya, and a couple others as well like Houdini, and probably some proprietary software too.

maybe we have any forum members who worked on the film and able to share? :eyes:

1 Like

I’m sure something modeled/rigged in Maya is in there somewhere :slight_smile:
As is Houdini (FX, volumes, pyro, liquids, …) and Clarisse (especially for large scale stuff). And I wouldn’t be surprised if someone also used a bit of Blender :wink:

For comping my bet definitely goes to Nuke.

2 Likes

I would actually love to work on a film that only uses opensource softwares, like blender, natron, kdenlive. That would be really something amazing to watch. But it would obviously depend on the skills of the creator.

1 Like

I didn’t knew about this software before, but once I checked, I was surprised it could work on my grandma’s pc, I mean 4GB is like the extreme minimum, almost none of the industry software I have seen can work with 4 gigs.

Indeed. I’m coming from software development and am always amazed by how today’s programmers are able to burn the mind-boggling CPU power available today. Clarisse is programmed quite smart and efficient and therefore can deal with scenes that will bring most other DCCs to their knees.

2 Likes