Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens VFX breakdown

Check out this awesome VFX breakdown for some of the scenes in Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzxrwXHCoU

How about that breakdown at 3:03! Is it just me or is that overkill? :joy: I mean, you build a whole highly detailed cannon and just stuff it in a wall where you can hardly see it. Anyway you look at it, it’s still unbelievable just how much work those VFX artists put into these shots!

The sound design on this is just beautiful as well!

I love Star Wars breakdowns so much. And the 3:03 one kept going and going and going. Hahaha!

I wondered why people would make such complex things that aren’t even seen in some final shots, but after I realized it’s because the director/supervisor could ask for different shots or angles to be rendered, it made much more sense to me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s my guess as well.

Those breakdowns are next level! One of my favorite VFX-related videos for Star Wars still has to be this one of the underwater explosions for Solo. ILM: Behind the Magic of the Train Heist in Solo: A Star Wars Story - YouTube

1 Like

That’s so cool! Sometimes Star Wars just looks so realistic it’s hard to believe that it was created inside a 3D software!

It’s incredible! Especially 3:03!

1 Like

So much detail on that star destroyer!

1 Like