Tell us what VFX assets you want! (Link provided)

Did you know ActionVFX has a page where you can request future VFX elements and vote on what you want to see next? Just go to https://actionvfx.featureupvote.com/ and vote, submit new ideas, and even leave comments on other suggestions and tell us what you want to see!

6 Likes

I had not spotted this yet, so, good to know! :+1:

3 Likes

Matte Painting is a big part of being a Compositor, as while the foreground of a VFX shot might be in 3D, it helps to save resources by making the background 2D. But, creating those backgrounds by photobashing images together can sometimes be quite a time consuming process, especially when you have to do a lot of maintenance to the image to get the Alpha clean and crispy. (Tree branches and leaves in particular are especially tricky!)

It would be phenomenal to have pre-made plates (moving or static) of pre-keyed/transparent mountains, trees, rocks, vegetation, city skylines, birds, etc., so it can be an easy drag-and-drop process for creators! Could be a great collection to add to the CreatorVault too! :wink: :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Would be nice to have a sci-fi/superhero/fantasy categories

That does all the tropey(maybe some orginal) star wars/star trek/LOTR etc Vfx.

2 Likes

Thanks @RedEyedHolloway and @ricklopez25! If you all want to add anything to the list, please do. https://actionvfx.featureupvote.com/

1 Like

Very nice. I had to upvote bullet hits. Bullet hits are very common in the industry… especially in TV shows and films. I see there is nuclear blasts which is very, very cool and fun to do buuuuut… how many shots are you going to do with nuclear blasts? Bullet hits happen in almost every project. More please haha

1 Like

Rain. It’s a devil to capture on film by itself and pure CGI never looks quite right for me. Something similar to the snow pack would be great, rain on glass would be lovely too.

1 Like

More versions of snow. With different sizes of lenses, flakes, wind strength. A lens size between medium (now is too wide) and close (now is too close) is the reason I cant use the Library now, it just does not work with all the lens sizes in a scene. Smaller flakes prefirebaly, more wind/less wind options.

1 Like

Glad to hear you are wanting to see more bullet hits. And I can tell you that you will not have to wait too long to see them!

1 Like

We got you! You will not have to wait long at all.

And welcome to the community!!

1 Like

First off, welcome to the community @gudjon! And thank you for the input on snow. If you would like, please help us by sharing any details and additional requests here on our feature upvote page

1 Like

Could we get snow buildup on windows? Or maybe impacting on windows?

1 Like

@richardwillis that’s a great idea! Please make sure to add it and any other requests HERE

1 Like

I’m really in need of free assets stuff like 3d models of game character eg pubg Mario clash royale sth like that and free assets bundle like fire bullet hit saber damage blood effects debris ground breaking glasss slime in all complete bundle …

MORE water splashes, but larger scale please…

If you guys had black suited divers cannonballing into a pool, that would be nifty, but what would be really useful is water elements similar in scope to the large scale CG rubble explosions you’ve generated.

LARGE SCALE water splashes, the kind generated when a car hits the water, or a chunk of bridge collapses into the bay, or a giant beast erupts from the depths.

Trust me when I tell you that everyone who doesn’t have Scanline on their speed dial will be grateful.

Thanks @fx51 those are some good suggestions!

Such a cool statement!

1 Like

Exploding cars would be great.

Thanks @jonsac3025! Looks like have had that suggested already and you can upvote it here: Car Explosion - ActionVFX

Be sure to check out all the other submissions for anything else you would like to upvote.

3 Likes

Snow on the ground. A Library. In urban areas and the countryside. Around sidewalks, streets, homes, businesses, windowsills, rooftops. Getting tired of poorly, cheaply set-dressed, blankets of white foam, etc.

• Jim
3 Likes