Tell us what VFX assets you want! (Link provided)

Great idea Jim! We have had a few requests for more snow products like Blizzard Assets and more falling snow, but not one of snow on the ground exclusively. We have a request page where you can officially submit the idea where other users can vote and comment on if you don’t mind to drop it there. If you have any ideas to expand on the already requested snow assets, feel free to comment those as well.

-Clayton

2 Likes

Snow on the ground is a good idea! I’ll go up vote it now!

Cool idea @jimbo! I could see this maybe being something that has some different options (such as size, shape, flat vs. curved surfaces) that could be used in different cases such as stairs, flat ground, small hill, etc. and you could then do some scaling and warping to make it fit your scene. Is that what you were thinking of or were you thinking something different?

1 Like

You’re gettin’ the idea. Could be cleaned-up asset Library from locations as well.

But going with what you said, then, they should be also shot with lighting from different angles, different views and have enough variety to take several of the same angle and lighting to cover say, the front curb of a house or the yard or the roof.

2 Likes

Not sure if this would be asked for by many, but I have a project I’m filming mid summer daytime that I have to convincingly make look like it’s evening in the winter! :joy:

So elements used for human breath in the cold, steam effects etc and fog.
Also I have to make a static animal snort. I guess I could try and adapt canon effects for that.

1 Like

Also, I may have to light a fireplace that isn’t lit. I think I can adapt one of your burning wall assets to achieve this but food for thought. Also a chip pan fire for similar.

1 Like

Sounds like that will be a fun one! haha. I think we have just the stuff to help you out. Here are a few of our collections that are already available that should fit your needs.

Cold Breath for the human breath and animal snorting.
Fog Collections for all your fog needs.
Small Ground Fires for the fireplace and similar smaller fires.

1 Like