What got you interested in VFX?

What got you interested in VFX?

I remember a long long time ago I found out that you could make a muzzle flash using Paint and Movie Maker and I was so fascinated by it. It just kept evolving from there to where I am now and I still love making muzzle flashes! ActionVFX was what really inspired me to start trying to make realistic VFX! I was(and still am) so blown away at the level of realism that they are able to create!

What’s your story?

2 Likes

I was looking for a video editor, found hitfilm and then saw a VFX tutorial, and that’s what got me started.

1 Like

That’s great! Thanks for the love @JtJutsVFX!

For me, I started getting into VFX in school working in C4D and AE to create some action shots but when I really fell in love with VFX was actually once I started working here at ActionVFX. Being in the world of VFX every day and seeing how much I really enjoyed it is what did it for me. One of my favorite aspects of this industry is bringing together the artist side of things and all the awesome tech, software, etc. that is used in VFX.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Thank you both for sharing!

Late reply but here I go…
When I completed high school in the year 2015. I downloaded after effect but had little knowledge on what to do with it. That same year I was involved in a car accident, I wanted to recreate that scene and I’d never stopped creating new things, I had some few challenges when it came to good machines but that didn’t stop me. I kept on dreaming and learning and I am still learning.
I’m very proud of my works and how people love what I do. Only a few people actually understand vfx from where I come from and I am happy to be one of those…

2 Likes

What I wild story! Glad you didn’t give up along the way with those challenges. I know it can be hard to get things done without a powerful machine but that can also push you to get creative and work in new ways that require less computing power.

3 Likes

That’s awesome man! Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes