What movie are you most excited about in 2021?

A lot of great movies are coming out this year! Especially with 2020 delays. The first two that come to mind for me are The Green Knight from A24 and The Eternals from Marvel.

1 Like

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It

1 Like

Oooh interesting. I haven’t seen anything from that series yet but I have noticed the trailers for this recent one. They grabbed my attention.

A Quiet Place 2!

Wait, that comes out this week, right?

Dune. Mostly cuz Dune is a realllly tricky work to adapt. So much of the novel is people arguing philosophy and climate science it’s a hard property to adapt without ruining large sections.

The David Lynch movie had fantastic visual design, but had to shortchange other aspects - for example, “Prana/Bindu, the Wierding Way,” the Bene Gesserit disciplines of martial arts combined with yoga, drugs and meditation to attain metabolic control and physical skills got reduced by Lynch to a sonic weapon and “My name… Is a killing word!”

So, the current version has the visuals. Will it have the depth?

I cannot wait for Dune!

1 Like

I know it’s not a movie, but I’m super excited for the new “Loki” series coming out next month. Loki has always been my favorite Marvel villain, plus there should be some pretty sweet VFX in there!

I’m also excited to watch “Army of the Dead” on Netflix, which just came out last week.

1 Like