Why claim Mocha is is included in Hitfilm Pro when it isn't?

Well - it is inlcuded - sort of - but you can’t export any footage you create using it without the message “Mocha Hitfilm Plugin is running in unlicenced learning mode please activate or request a trial” emblazened across tha top of your footage!

So you ‘include’ a plugin that I still need to by a seperate licence for in order to use it? Why doesn’t it say that when you launch the plugin from with HF?

1 Like

This sounds like a serious glitch. Maybe make a topic about this on the fxhome forum or contact their support. Hope that you can get this resolved!:blush:

1 Like

As far as I know there is a Mocha HitFilm plugin that’s included with HitFilm Pro, but I couldn’t say for sure because a lot might have changed since I last used it. Either way, this sounds like a question for the FXhome support team. I would suggest you reach out to them as they’ll be able to help you better than we can over here at the ActionVFX Forum.

2 Likes

Hey thanks for taking the time to resond. Under the description of HF Pro on the website it says Mocha 6.0.3 Plugin included. Sure enough - it’s there under effects I used it for the first time to roto some footage. It creates a matte etc. back in HF and you can view it perfectly in the viewer and you think all is well - BUT when you come to export it it tells you you need a licence otherwise your exported footage is watermarked. Just wish FXHome made that clearer. I think it’s a con to say it’s ‘included’.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a glitch just FXHome don’t make it clear you need to pay extra for it when they say it’s included. It is there and you can ‘use’ it - just when you come to export you get the banner and watermark all over your footage. I checked with BORISFX and the plugin actaully costs $695 (or $295 on subscription). I just which that was clear when I purchased HF Pro. I’ll just buy the licence but it’s tainted my perspective of HF badly.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying!:blush: Are you using an active Hitfilm Pro subscription?

From what I can see on the FXHome site, a special version of Mocha is included in Hitfilm Pro.

2 Likes

Hi JtJutsVFX - yeah it’s an active subscription until July 2022.

1 Like

@jules1982 - my beef with FXHome is that when you export you get the banner and watermark on your footage but they don’t tell you that. They sell HFPro with “Mocha 6.0.3 included” but you can’t really use it if you can’t export your footage! TBH I didn’t buy HF soley for that reason but nevertheless they shouldn’t mislead.

1 Like

Hi everyone, Phil from FXhome here.
HitFilm Pro does include a fully licensed version of Mocha, designed for HitFilm, that will export without a watermark. If you’re seeing a watermark, there may be an issue with the activation of the software. We’re happy to help you get it sorted out. Feel free to reach us at FXhome Support

5 Likes

Hi Phil, okay and thanks for your time in replying. Yeah - I’m going to have to contact them now because I can’t even open the project file now - I get a message saying Mocha can only be opened from within Hitfilm and when you close the message HF stops responding! I’ll update you guys with the response.

2 Likes