I made a short film inside of Unreal Engine in under a month with zero previous experience

Hey guys!

I just released this Sci-fi short made with Unreal Engine.

I was able to finish it in less than a month and I had no experience whatsoever with Unreal before this.

I didn’t have access to any mocap suits so 95% of the animations come from Mixamo.

It has its issues but for being my first project I’m really proud of it.

Let me know what you guys think.

2 Likes

This was really impressive! And made in a month with no previous experience?!? That’s unbelievable! Thanks a lot for sharing and welcome to the community!

1 Like

Your name sounds very familiar! Do you work with Aro Inc by any chance?

I’ll check out your film when I have the time. Thanks for sharing it, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks man!

1 Like

Hey! Yeah I did that Aim High Commercial a couple months ago!

Definitely let me know what you think of the film if you have a chance to watch it.

2 Likes

OK, wow! I had a chance to watch this finally!

@edy This was really impressive in more than one way. The overall pacing and directing I thought was really on point. You did a great job at making me feel what you wanted to make me feel; to me, that’s the #1 sign of good directing. I totally was not ready for the monsters halfway through. That reveal scene was handled very well!

The end credits made me feel like we’d get along :joy:

What was the hardest part of making this short film for you?

1 Like

Wow @edy this is amazing! I second what the others have said, this had me feeling exactly what I think you intended, on the edge of my seat, with fingers and toes crossed for the main dude! Well done!

2 Likes